I honestly love the new year; new goals, new ambitions and new memories to be made. 2021 was rough for us – I mean we had twin baby girls (so thankful they’re healthy!), sold our house, bought a house sight unseen and what feels like started a new life!
We had happy moments too but through in Covid and needing to be extra cautious for my pregnancy and then the twins, and it felt like we did absolutely nothing “fun” last year! So I’m ready for a fresh year!
I’m ready to do all the things while still being cautious and safe for the babies. I’m ready to take trips (even when it’s going to be realllly hard and a lot of work – I mean it’s basically just taking care of our kids in a different place vs an actual vacation), I’m ready to go places with all the kids – the zoo? Yep. The farmers market? Yep. Having picnics? Yes please! I mean, obviously this means we need some actual warm weather so I’ll have a few months to prep for it all 🤣
I’m never one for resolutions but I do love to write down some goals for the new year and tryyyy to hold myself accountable.. so here I go!
– start being healthier – workout 3x a week (I have two girlfriends who will hold me accountable for this!) and eat veggies once a day.. I’m horrible with this so I’ll start small!
– plan vacations – one with no kids and one with the family! We haven’t vacationed since Sept 2019 and Magnolia clearly doesn’t remember being on an airplane and she’s dyyyyying to get on one!
– Read before bed versus scrolling! I’m constantly scrolling social media before bed since I don’t have time throughout the day to look at it and it’s mindless. But I want to actually start reading more again!
– Finish our parenting classes – Big Little Feelings and finish reading the toddler books! I’m not one to be “by the book” but I’ll take any tips I can to navigate parenting the best I can!
– Get back to blogging! Gah, I started this space 5 years ago when we had just gotten married and shared so much fashion/life/infertility and it transformed into sharing our lives and favorite things and then it stopped. I miss this and want to set a goal to be more consistent on this space!
– Plan date nights! We moved here to be closer to family and want to take advantage of anyone offering to help out! So 2 nights a month? I’d love to have a short date with my husband!
– Keep up with daily devotionals. I really enjoy when I can get up in the AM and read through one before starting my day. It’s been hit or miss since having the twins and I’m hoping with them hopefully getting more sleep (eventually, right?!) that I can start this back up!
– Basically, just live life! We are so blessed with our health and there’s others I love dearly, who aren’t as fortunate right now and others I’ve lost who would love more time!
Just a few goals, huh?!
I’m excited to see what’s in store for us for 2022. I know people say “don’t jinx it” with saying that but honestly I do believe we make our own happiness and I need to choose that more often. So I’ll be here to share the good, bad and ugly a few times a week – I’m not perfect and trust me, most days it’s a total sh*t show but it’s nice to see that you’re not the only one experiencing that when you see so much “perfect” on social media!
Oh yeah.. and I can’t forget to share the Lilly Pulitzer After Party sale is officially on Monday so set your calendars!