Happy Monday and 1 day closer to Christmas!
This is my reminder (mainly to myself) to get to the post office AGAIN to try to send out our gifts. I’ve been 3 times and Logan once and the line is out the door each time.. but we gotta get them out! 😬
Another slow weekend for us – per usual since March!! So we decided to do something both myself and Magnolia love.. BAKE! This pregnancy im alllll about the sweets and baking so we thought we’d do some of our favorites!
If you need a good Christmas cookie recipe, look no further!! I made these last year for the cookie exchange and almost forgot how good they were..
White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Chocolate Cookie
- 1 2/3 cups (237g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 cup (98g) unsweetened cocoa powder (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened about halfway (it should be fairly firm still)
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (160g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 16 oz. white chocolate, broken or chopped
- 1/4 cup (approx) finely crushed peppermint bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- Mix in eggs one at a time then blend in vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out by a rounded tablespoon (about 25 grams each) and shape into balls (if dough is sticky you can chill as needed but mine wasn’t sticky at all).
- Space on cookies sheets 2-inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven about 8 minutes (cookies should appear slightly under-baked).
- Let cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes then transfer to an airtight container to fully cool.
- Once cookies are cool, melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring between intervals until melted and smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie in white chocolate then transfer to parchment paper and sprinkle with peppermint bits. Chill to let chocolate set about 10 minutes.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
We finished Christmas shopping this weekend and now it’ll be wrapping time (which I love!). Logan and I decided no gifts for each other this year – with the twins coming, we’ve already made a few bigger purchases! 👶🏻👶🏻 Do you guys exchange gifts with your significant other??