It’s almost the weekend, finally and instead of sharing some favorites on here – I thought I’d share a super good recipe we made this week!
Normally, I’m the worst at picking recipes… I mean, they are just plain ol’ NOT good! But this one… oh my! Even Logan said it tasted SO good!
He actually said the beef tasted so much like Chipotle’s Barbacoa (whatever that is?!). AND it’s Paleo, gluten free and pretty healthy so I’ll take it as a win!
- 2 lb beef chuck roast
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 poblano pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium white onion (one half thinly sliced, and the other half chopped)
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T cumin
- 1 T oregano
- 1 T garlic
- 1 T smoked paprika
- ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once olive oil is shimmering hot, sear chuck roast for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place chuck roast (with oil and drippings from pan) in crock-pot. Add poblano pepper and sliced onion. Pour in beef broth and tomato paste. Add cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, and garlic. Stir ingredients. Place lid on crock-pot, and heat on low 6-8 hours.
- Once beef is fork-tender, shred on a large plate, using two forks. Return to crock-pot for 30 minutes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice with chopped onion, cilantro, and a lime wedge. Pan-fried plantain slices would also compliment this Cuban dish.
The instructions and ingredients are from the original recipe. Logan made this today and a few notes for what he did in addition to the recipe:
The Chef’s Logan’s Notes:
- Add seasoning to the beef roast before searing it – he added Montreal Seasoning and salt/pepper
- Add an additional tablespoon of garlic
- Add 1 T salt
- Add 1 T pepper
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro to the crock pot (versus just garnish)
For some reason, I didn’t take a picture of it while we ate last night #bloggerfail BUT you won’t be disappointed if you give it a try!! 🙂
Let me know if you like my “meal planning Monday” posts and I’ll show the recipes that are total wins throughout the weeks if so!
Have a fabulous Friday!